WHEREAS, The River Project board of directors seeks to establish a policy on effectiveness assessment to help ensure that the organization has defined, measurable goals in place and objectives in place to evaluate the success and impact of its programs in fulfilling these goals and objectives,
IT IS THEREFORE RESOLVED THAT the board of directors adopts the following policy:
- At least once every two years, The River Project will review its goals and objectives toward achieving its mission and will complete a performance and effectiveness assessment of its programs based on that review. The form attached hereto as Appendix A will be used as the assessment tool, and will be completed anonymously by both staff and board members.
- This first such assessment will be in 2015 and will be conducted under the authority of the Board.
- The River Project board will receive a written report of this assessment by September 2015 at the latest, for approval at the board meeting in October 2015 at the latest,
- Describing the activities that The River Project undertook in the prior two years to achieve its goals and objectives,
- Identifying the measures used to assess The River Project's effectiveness in achieving its goals and objectives,
- Analyzing the effectiveness of The River Project's programs in achieving The River Project's goals and objectives,
- Recommending future actions The River Project might take to increase effectiveness based on the findings.
- At the conclusion of this process, The River Project will revise the goals and objectives for The River Project for the upcoming term as needed, and will suggest means of measuring them.
Appendix A: Self-assessment policy tool (22KB .xlsx file)